May 16, 2015 Launch Cancelled

posted May 14, 2015, 5:55 AM by Steve Shannon

I’m sorry to announce the cancellation of the Big Sky Rocketry Association's second launch of 2015, which was scheduled to be held Saturday, May 16, 2015

The current forecast for the area is low 50 degree temperatures, completely overcast with a 90% chance of precipitation all morning until thunderstorms from 10 until 3. Winds are predicted to be in the low double digits nearly all day.

I will look for a way to add a launch later in the year, possibly by extending one of our scheduled launches to two days.

Hopefully the rains we are getting now will result in reduced fire danger in late July, August, and September.

Comments